Land / Lot Information
|Address:||Montague County, TX|
|Price per Acre:||$9,500|
This acreage is located just south of Montague, TX and would be a great place to build a home or develop as a hobby farm! All tracts have electricity already ran to them; water well and septic needed. The land has several feet of sandy loam top soil, perfect for horses, and a current ag tax exemption is in place.
The property is in Montague ISD, a sought after school district for Pre-K through 8th grade. Nearby highschools within a 15 minute drive include Forestburg, Saint Jo, Nocona, Goldburg and Bowie. Distances to other cities are:
- Alvord: 30 miles
- Decatur: 40 miles
- Gainesville: 40 miles
- Wichita Falls: 55 miles
- Fort Worth: 80 miles
The property is being offered in six different tracts, each of them different from the others. Tract 1 has direct access off of Alamo Rd; Tracts 2-6 are accessed by a newly built 30’ wide graveled easement road. This road is only used by these tracts, so there is no through traffic.
Individual tract pricing and details are as such:
- TRACT 1 (28 +/- acres): Mostly wooded property with one pond; accessed from Alamo Rd directly; LIST PRICE: $294,000 *SOLD*
- TRACT 2 (23 +/- acres): A large hill provides a nice homesite; approximately half of the land is in open pasture and half is in woods; small hay barn, pens and equipment shed; LIST PRICE: $241,500 *SOLD*
- TRACT 3 (26 +/- acres): Located at the end of the easement rd, it is very private; good fence on 2 of its 4 sides, gently sloped land, tall trees around its perimeter with open pasture in the middle, several wild blackberry thickets; LIST PRICE: $247,000
- TRACT 4 (15 +/- acres): The longest tract, with a very private area in the back surrounded by trees; open pasture land up front; LIST PRICE: $142,500
- TRACT 5 (11 +/- acres): The smallest tract out of the six, the land is open pasture land with a tree line in the back; a terrace runs water to the back side, creating a nice place to build a pond; LIST PRICE: $104,500
- TRACT 6 (22 +/- acres): This tract has access on both Alamo Rd and the easement road; open pasture land with one good sized pond (appears to be stocked with bass); LIST PRICE: $209,000
Only site built homes; no manufactured homes or trailers allowed. Barndomiums are permissible. Only one main house and one guest house allowed per 10 acres of land. No commercial use other than agriculture, with normal county stocking rates (no commercial pig or poultry farms, feed lots or other large scale operations). Vineyards and orchards are permissible.
Recent title run shows no easements other than Wise County Electric, so you can build wherever you want without worry for pipelines, etc.
The land has a current D-1 ag exemption in place, having been used to graze cattle for years. Annual taxes are estimated to be less than $100.
No owner finance available. Seller to provide new survey plat to both the land tract and access easement. Seller to pay for surveys, title insurance and General Warranty Deed at closing; deed subject to any prior reservations of record. Seller does not believe to own any mineral rights, so none will convey.
For information about this land, contact agent/owner Beau Byars at cell phone (940) 357-9940.
***All pictures are from Tracts 3-6.
Send an email using the form below.